Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Currently in Durango

I miss my Mom's (and my) dog. This is him. Mister Blue.
Continued...

So the New Year started out just about as perfectly as possible. I slept in, later than Aune of course, and then we went and got Chinese food. The place we went to is Aune's favorite and the lovely lady that either owns or runs it remembered me from three or four years ago! How amazingly cool is that? It made me feel quite special. We paused for a bit at her Aunt's and then watched Marley & Me. It was really cute and really sweet, kinda sad and kinda feel good. No good guys. No bad guys. No desperate attempt to save the world. Just a movie. Great start to 2009.

Aune, Trix and I drove back to the city on the 3rd and I had my first taste of Chicago's own deep dish pizza. Lou Mahnati is the deep dish that we decided to go with and I believe I spelled it correctly. It was really good with it's garlic, cheese, tomato, onion, mushroom goodness. Officially became a fan. I dozed when we got back to Aune Mieke's, got up, watched Bridge to Terabithia, and then began a new obsession I thinks. Heroes. I wanted something more upbeat after the sadness of Bridge so I went with Season I: Espisode I. Totally has the cutie from Gilmore Girls in it and I'm in love with the hilarity and passion of Hiro, the japanese time/space bender. Anywho... that first night with Heroes I had myself a mini marathon and watched the first 5 or 6 episodes. Uh-mazing. I can't wait til I can watch a lot more of it.

On the fourth Aune Mieke and I went to meet up with Genevieve for a drink. As we were looking for a place to go Aune spotted some fellows with strings in the front window of a place call the Grafton. So we meandered on in and there was a booth waiting for us just at the front. Genevieve thrilled Mieke and I with her adventures and adventurous spirit. We were definately enthralled with all of it and with a fellow that was sitting at the bar reading. He kept glancing our way. :) But the silly guy never came over and said hi.

My last day in Chicago was mellow with some Heroes, packing, and walking around umm... Belmont I beleive. Then Matt came and picked me up and we stuffed our faces with sushi. Oh man. I'm officially in love with all you can eat sushi places. Probably a bad thing. :) I had Miso soup, Edamame, a Rainbow roll, a Palatine roll, a Rock N roll, and Salmon, Squid, Tuna, and Eel Sushi. It was fabulous. Oh! And desert was Green Tea and Mango Monchi balls. Matty was somewhat conned/asked to giving us a ride to the airport so we took him out for a beer before he dropped us off. Where did we take him? The Hopleaf of course. I had to bracket my trip somehow. The bartender remembered me and the sweetheart gave me a Hopleaf pint glass! Aww.. I can really work my magic. It was the perfect end to the perfect trip. Aune Mieke and I went over highlights and Matty talked up beer (his profession).

The airport stuff was poop. We got there and no one was at the Kiosks then when I was able to check my bag in, no one was at the security check point, then we found a water fountain and the water was warm. :( However I was able to talk to someone at the gate and Aune Mieke and I were able to sit next to each other in an exit row with lots n lots of leg room. Pretty much rad. We hugged each other goodbye in Phoenix. Sniffle. I'll miss her but I'm exceptionally happy with my visit with her. I ate a sandwich and then slept hard for about an hour and a half on a bench. A lovely fellow woke me up and told me our flight was boarding (my phone alarm didn't go off.) Three seats were all for me, so I stretched out and slept for the hour long flight. After getting to my car and realizing the battery was dead again, I wanted to scream but instead called the parking service people and they came and gave me a jump. Worried about my car, I scuttled back to Durango and went straight to Wally World to talk to the mechanic guys. Both times my battery has been tested it's been good but it dies in a week. Sooo.... I'm trying to hold off getting a new battery until four months or six months from now when I come back to move stuff around. Hm... We'll see though.

It's definitely weird being back here but it feels good. :) I miss it here. I miss my friends here. But at the same time I know it's not the place for me, at least right now.

2 comments:

  1. You have the same birthday as my bff Kelli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do stalkers tell the stalkee that they are stalking them? Or does that violate some kind of stalker honor code?

    ReplyDelete