Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sleepless nights

I've been thinking about this on and off for a while.  About insomnia and dreams.  And silly explanations that fail to make sense.  Sometimes I feel like I can't sleep at night because I don't have anything to dream.  I've never had dreams.  Never had that goal or job or dream to work for. Never wanted anything.  I mean I want happiness.  Ultimately.  But, who doesn't?  For someone (and I hate to sound like a pompous ass or anything) with considerable smarts and skills, why don't I have a dream?  Why don't I want something?  Why don't I have this life goal?  How can I just be floating by looking for something that will make me happy for a little while till I find something else?  What's wrong with me?  What did I miss?  What part of me is missing?

In my world I have insomnia because I've used up all my dreams.  On the nights that I can sleep, it's because a dream, even if it's just a day dream, has found me and enveloped me in tryptophan or sleep kisses.  On the nights I can't sleep, it's because nothing in me wants to dream or can dream.  Such a juvenile thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment