Friday, March 23, 2012

Pictures by Andri

Andri and I went for a ride with Mom on the afternoon of the 15th and then went out again in the evening.  In the evening we hiked all around the willows, shooting ptarmigan and looking for rabbits to photograph.

Wade out to take a shot

Take the shot
The afternoon was just beautiful.  It was about 20 degrees and it was so nice to just be outside in above zero temperatures.  I even rolled down the window a little for some fresh air in the car.  It gets harder and harder to be in the office now that Spring is coming and the days are getting longer.  I think everyone is getting a little bit of spring fever in their systems.

Drat. Missed. Wade back to road.


After work I had a big old ptarmigan dinner with Momma.  We had two birds from previous hunting excursions, so I didn't have to rely on my terrible hunting skills from the afternoon.  I was pooped out and super full so I decided to hunker down and curl up on Mom's bed for a little snooze when my phone rang.  It was Andri.  She was out back in the snow hiking up and down the willows trying to photograph bunnies.  She asked if I wanted to grab my gun and get some of the ptarmigan she was flushing out as she was hiking.  Of course, I couldn't resist the urge to go and get a few birds, so I roused myself out of nap mode, bundled up and headed out to meet her.  She was laying down in the snow holding her camera up, looking at the bright blue sky when I pulled up and whistled at her.  Andri's head snapped up and she stood up and met me by my car as I was loading my shot gun.  She pointed out where some ptarmigan had went and off we hiked.  The remainder of the day was spent chasing and shooting birds and trying to find bunnies to take pictures of.  We hiked all around and were on our last hike around one of the lines of willows when we saw some ptarmigan.  I didn't have my shotgun so I sniped one off with a .22 magnum that my uncle Pete gave to me.  I was so excited that I hit the bird!  It was a freaking blast.  It was such a beautiful and warm day.  The warmest and most beautiful that we've had yet.  So I'm really glad that I took the time to get out and enjoy it.

Different gun.  Got a ptarmigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment