Monday, June 25, 2012

A few pictures from Anchorage

These were take at Marty O's condo in Anchorage.  She lets me crash there when I find myself in Anchorage without a place to lay my head.  Sometimes I'll use it as a home base and I end up crashing with different friends based on the days activities.  That's one thing that I really like about the time that I spend in Anchorage.  I have such a variety of people to visit and see.  Each catered to their own special goodness.  Going out for wine and good eats, watching five movies on a couch barely moving except for getting snacks from Carrs, shopping for clothes and fun even when you know you shouldn't be spending money, stuffing bellies with sushi and sake or participating in a 5 mile run for women.  I have someone in mind for each of these activities.  It's the time that people take for me out of their lives that means something to me though.  In Anchorage, people seem to have less time for friends and for just hanging out.

Again with my favorite jeans and this sweater.

What can I say?  I like what I like.

And I wear what I like.  A lot.  Deal.  :)
The jeans are Arizona jeans, which they no longer make, which in turn makes me very sad because I adore the crap out of the cut.  They've been patched at least a half a dozen times.  Still love.  Still wear.  Cabela's made the glorious pink real tree hoody that has wonderfully long arms for my long arms.  The torso part is a little short, but again, I think I just have a long torso, or like my clothing long.  My Inupiaq Princess t shirt is from brother and his girlfriend.  It's definitely one of my favorite t shirts.  Once upon a time a certain gentleman called me princess.  I balked and asked him not to.  What was I thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment