Monday, April 22, 2013

Home and the first run (<- see what I did there?)

in hiking shoes no less because my lovely running shoes are still in Anchorage with all of my lovely stuff. Hopefully the 30+ bags left in Anchorage will make it out here today. Word on the street is around 4:30 p.m. I ran about 2.6 miles. I was NOT fast, but I was steady and didn't stop. The first hill killed me, the second hill was just fine, how does that work? Granted they're not big hills, neither should kill me.

It was a little chilly. I still ended up sweating. Yup, that's my life. I physically exert myself, even a minute bit and then I sweat. It's great. I have less than two months before the AK Run for Women. I really wish that there was an inside track here. I'm too much of a pansy to run outside during the winter, even though there are brave tough souls that do it. I am not one of them. So in the Spring it's not exactly like starting from ground zero but it feels like it. Still, I started. Yay me!

2 comments:

  1. YAY YOU!! Keep it up Cuz! I might try to hunt you down at the race and cheer you on :)

    ReplyDelete