Friday, October 25, 2013

Life lately...

This guy. :) This guy... He's coming up to Anchorage for two sleeps the weekend before my next conference. I wish he could stay longer (so does he) but unfortunately it's hard to be away from the goings on at the homestead for extended periods of time. At least without planning. This is a very impromptu trip. Needless to say I'm beyond thrilled to be able to show him a mini-bite of Alaska.

Yeah, okay I know I already put a picture of him up in this post. :) I couldn't resist this picture though. Happy, happy. My last visit to the homestead was incredible. So many potatoes! We hunted as well, but didn't have any luck. I guess he'll just have to come up here for Spring caribou.

I really wish this picture wasn't blurry. I was however sitting on the floor of my friend's bus as he was driving me to the airport to catch my flight home. Yes folks, I have a friend who has a bus. He's got some work to do on the interior as you can see. :) The theme for the bus is climbing. I can't wait to see it's progress as he does his thing.

I scheduled a dinner with my trapping partner as soon as I got home. We had moose steak and potatoes. He did the steaks and I did the potatoes. It was really good to catch up with him. Trapping season is just around the corner. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be hard to be in the office all winter when I'd rather be on the line!

Idle hands are the devil's playthings. Idle hands also give my brain too much time to ruminate and be lonely and longing for things. So I try to keep my hands as busy as possible. I started this hat as soon as I got home from my trip to Spokane and Missoula as my get back into my Unalakleet groove. It whipped up really fast and now that my mind is settled it can concentrate on more complex projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment