Sunday, October 27, 2013

Starry water field

my feet were not the first to see
the stars floating through the night
I walked behind him in the ebb and flow
there was no up or down, no right way
my path rippled and pooled, leaving no trace
to follow or find again. it was gone

the water was up to my ankles. gone
was the light, the shore I could not see
thoughts begin. my dreams I trace
from childhood to this very night
there is no place to go, no sign to lead the way
uncertainties come in one continuous flow

stop, stop the battering on my soul. end the flow
of doubts, of tears, of fear. silence, gone
are the voice. still lost, I do not know the way
black reflected below me and above me all I see
is the darkest of skies. pure night
the stars are gone, nothing. not even a trace

his hands upon my cheeks. my tears, his trace
his palms, his hand through which comfort will flow
not so dark anymore this truest night
two moons rise as he looks upon me. tears gone
the salt has fallen and mingled with the sea
his touch, may it never be so far away

insecurities too close, the know they way
my eyes falter, my hands do not trace
what if there was light for him to see
would his words still continue to flow
would the look in his eyes be gone
though I fear the dark, is there worse than night

put my pain to rest, for the night
is fading and a path becomes clear. my way
though unknown, is before me but partly gone
I see where I've been, I know it's trace
my heart will beat and my blood will flow
and where I'll end up... we'll just have to see

in the midst of night, clouded was my way
he was there to trace, where my tears did flow
till again I could see with my confusion gone

No comments:

Post a Comment