Monday, May 16, 2011

There's a wild, wild whisper blowing in the wind

I guess now is qualified as springtime.  But its still bloody cold most of the time.  The wind is a huge factor in this.  Unalakleet is just a windy place.  So it doesn't feel incredibly springy to me.  The pussy willows are out which is lightening the country side up a teensy bit, but there is still so much brown.  I can't wait till there are true leaves on the trees and the tundra starts to grow and blossom.  It will definitely make my runs more enjoyable.  Running outside is infinitely more enjoyable than running inside.  I'm glad I finally got over my embarrassment of running where people can see me.  People have actually been wonderfully encouraging about it.  Byron Bruckner rolled down his window and cheered me on saying "Way to go Sissy!" as I was running up the first little hill.  Ariel Tweto gave me a massive thumbs up as she cruised by me in a vehicle.  These little things make an individual feel good.

I never know what to do with my face when I take a picture
Best socks ever from my Mom.
I definitely don't fit the norm of what people wear around these parts.  I got my favorite plaid top from ebay because it has the snap buttons.  You can't really tell but I had to add a strip of fabric down each side in order for it to fit me.  The arms and shoulders fit but it was a fitted style of shirt so my tummy didn't quite fit in it right.  (I just used the word fit a lot in that sentence.)  Luckily I know my way around tearing out a seam and adding a piece of fabric in.  Altering is such a handy skill to have.  My cut offs used to be full on jeans, but the bottoms wore out due to me stepping on them all the time so I chopped em up and patched the holes.  They're super soft and comfy now.  The socks were an Easter/birthday gift from my mother.  Come to think of it, I think she bought my shoes too.  I'm a spoiled girl and I think it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment