Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Things

I've been on a buying things kick lately.  This is one of my new presents to myself.  I'd been looking at this top for months though.  Trying to convince myself to spent the money on it. I'm glad I did.  I got a dress that's very similar to the top part of the band, and then it's a light lime green on the bottom part below the bust.  That dress is coming with me on my trip to Anchorage/Bethel/Juneau.

I have a donkey expression on my face
 I'm never going to be a minimalist.  I realize its a more environmentally conscious way to live but I am too attached to stuff.  And while I pare it down, or at least attempt to, somewhat regularly, more stuff always manages to replace the old stuff.  Especially being a crafter.  You save everything that could possibly used for this project or that project.  My Mom has been spring cleaning and going through stuff, this usually inspires me to act in a similar manner.  Which makes me think of all the stuff that I have in storage in Boulder.  And I miss that crap.  I feel sill for doing so, because it's just that - crap.  Bizarre.  Humans are bizarre creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment