Monday, May 9, 2011

Wasabi peas

Bandana
A few weeks ago my brother and his girlfriend visited from Nome. The weather was beautiful and there was still snow on the ground so we took a snow machine ride up to Egavik. Egavik is an old building between Shaktoolik and Unalakleet that was part of a reindeer herding operation. My grandfather was the last reindeer herder in this area. My family lived there until it was time for us kids to start school. The weather was still chilly enough that warm clothing and some form of protective face gear was required. Being the practical individual that I am I opted to go with a fleece neckwarmer. My brother being the stylin' awesome dude that he is, used a bandana to cover his face and ears, bandit style. When we weren't riding however it hung somewhat losely around his neck. I freaking loved it. A few weeks later as fate would have it, I was gifted with a bandana, pictured above, for my birthday. How sweet fate was to me. Needless to say I've adopted the wearing style that my brother introduced me to, albeit with a bit more color. It allows me to add some color to my typical fall/spring outfit, when it's still 30 degrees out but warm enough in the office building that a scarf or nachaq is no longer warranted. What fun these new things that I would never think to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment