Monday, February 11, 2013

Anchorage moments

Home. Unalakleet, Alaska. Back to wind and snow and the freedom to go and hunt for my dinner. It's good to be home. Here are a few moments from Anchorage.

My rental this go was rather high tech for this village girl. Eventually I figured most things out. The most amazing thing? These little lights that told me someone was in my blind spot. The vehicle was huge (and kind of looked like a hearse) so I was always paranoid about my blind spots until I figured this out. The next best thing? Being able to call and talk through the car. Amazing.

These boys and their iPads. Attached to their hands and faces permanently. I see little zombies. Once they get cell phones it'll probably be even worse. I shudder to think where we're going as a human race with technology sometimes. And I'm sucked right into it to. My cell crapped out on me during this trip. It crippled me for a half a day until I could get a spare phone sent in to me (hand carried on a flight out of Unalakleet.) Yep, I was that desperate.

Had a blast two nights in a row with these two! Yes there was bull riding. Yes there is a video. No, I probably won't post it. But know that it happened.

Sweet boy brought me a present from his travels. It smells delicious and makes my lips nice and soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment