Wednesday, January 23, 2013

52 Lists: List the things you should be proud of

I struggled with writing this list. I guess I would rather think of comforting and happy things rather than try to write out what I feel pride in. I don't feel entirely certain and confident about my list. I am proud of who I am, but I feel more comfortable wearing it on my heart sleeve. However, a resolution is a resolution and here is my list


This list is about me. Now lets look at other things that I'm proud of. I'm proud of my brother. I'm proud of my rough and tough nephews and my little sweet niece. I'm proud of who they are becoming and their hearts. I'm infinitely proud of my mom, who has the most gentle spirit. She always thinks of others, defends her children, and gives freely. I'm proud of my friends. They have overcome drug addiction, abuse, marital problems, divorce, stage fright, alcohol addiction, weight loss, weight gain, loans, education, you name it and they've overcome it all the while supporting me and loving me during my bright days and my dark days.

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this whole post from beginning to end. I struggled too so I'm glad to hear I wasn't alone! You have amazing things to be proud of and I love how you kept the list about YOU and after shared about other things you are proud of! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting. I'm glad that I wasn't the only one that struggled with this list. The other two were so comforting and easy that I wasn't expecting a challenge!

      Delete
  2. I love this 52 lists projects, its so nice to learn a little about all you folk living in all far flung places across the globe. Your list shows you have a beautiful spirit, after reading your post I feel a bit bad that I didn't mention my family...I am so very very proud of my brother and my parents. My brother suffered a brain injury 6 years ago and through his determination and incredible spirit is learning how to walk again. Yep...I have a lot to be proud of too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Definitely a lot to be proud of! That's one tough brother. Family is so important. I have a very small family but they stand by me through everything.

      Delete
  3. I love that you stand out in a small town and proud. My husband is from a small town in rural Maine, and he was one who stood out too. The world would be boring without you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard standing out in a small town. The reaction is usually negative. I'm happy that we're appreciated by our loved ones!

      Delete