Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pan fried trout

Chop the head and tail off, gut it, wash it, stick it in a pan and eat it. Delicious. One of my favorite things about living up here is the food. My ancestors knew what they were doing when they settled down at Unalakleet. Okay so maybe my ancestors were from other places around the Norton Sound but I relate most with Unalakleet because that's where I've spent the bulk of my growin' up.

A little olive oil and a bunch of garlic is how I roll
This was just a baby. Booba brought some fresh trout to my mom the other day and I snagged a few of them. I'm an abysmal fisherman, let alone ice fisherman, so I happily accepts the gifts given to my mom. I like trout more than her anyways. Fresh fish in the winter always makes me smile. When I was little I used to think that the fish in the river froze solid and then thawed and started swimming again in the spring time.

No comments:

Post a Comment