Tuesday, March 5, 2013

52 Lists: List your favorite albums

Trying to play catch up. I'm not sure I'm succeeding. I don't feel like I'm succeeding at much lately. Especially work wise. The wheels are spinning in the mud and I ain't getting anywhere. I did succeed at writing this list though. And it was fun to write. My heart filled up with memories of times when I was playing these albums.

Last summer I was singing Lady Antebellum while I drove around holding hands with someone tied to my heart strings in an old black cheyenne pick up. The sun was out and my friend was cheesin'.

The first time I drove from Colorado to Montana I was singing Carole King. I was in a car all by myself driving through the Utah desert screaming at the top of my lungs. Yes. I scream Carole King.

I remember listening to the 10 things I hate about you soundtrack and wishing Clint was in love with me. I day dreamed that he would pull the Heath Ledger embarrassing scene with me.

Looking for a place to rent in Boulder screams Lady Gaga to me. I'd spent two weeks living in my car in Durango, packing up my life, only to end up cruising the streets of Boulder looking for the perfect house. I ended up finding the house of my dreams.


2 comments:

  1. Mermaid Avenue! You can't argue with that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love way over yonder in the minor key. I should listen to it. Yup, I think I will.

      Delete