Monday, March 11, 2013

Iditarod 2013

Aaron Burmeister is my brother's boss. So I'm super cheering for him. I was really bummed this morning when he dropped back to 5th place. But I'm still cheering for him!

I saw these bad boys parked on the river when I checked traps on Friday.
Aaron - second musher into Unalakleet
Whooo!
First time in years that I've gone down to the check point. Forgot how fun it was.
Definitely a Unalakleet favorite.
Feeding his dogs. Man, I need some of those little bags for mink and marten. Too cute!
Monster Mash sitting up on top of the snow bank. He got to see four mushers come in!
Mom and Joe Runyan.He let me and my brother ride his horse when we were little.
Carla, Aaron's biggest fan. Next to Renee Paniptchuk that is.
Ready to take off. Next stop Shaktoolik.
Good luck Aaron!
Taking off just as the wind picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment