Sunday, March 17, 2013

Fur bears

These are the little bears that I sew with fur scraps and little critters. I believe they're traditionally made with seal skin. My mom has a seal skin bear, but I thought that other fur would be interesting to try. I'm made them with mink, beaver, rabbit, and nutria. I'm going to try them with lynx, ermine, marten, and otter. The mink by far is my favorite.

Mink

Mink 

Rabbit and Beaver
Each bear ends up having it's own personality because that's just the nature of the fur. Every bear that I've made out of beaver looks so different from each other. I love seeing them take shape and using up scraps that can't be used for any big projects.

2 comments:

  1. Love the bears! Do you have a pattern you could share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me check with the pattern owner. :) I'll get back to you. Do you have an email to contact you at?

      Delete