Friday, December 14, 2012

Chemtrack Christmas Party

Lawrence invited me to the Chemtrack Christmas party so I could catch up with everyone and meet his wife.  Of course I had to go.  I impulsively hopped a plane into Anchorage after I okayed it with the prez.  The forecasted weather was iffy in both Unalakleet and Anchorage.  So I ended up here in Anchorage Tuesday night.  I haven't been able to do much (I've been getting a lot of work done though, which I guess was part of the deal with myself.)  Then Thursday rolled around aaaaand so did the Christmas party.  Meet Margie, Lawrence's wife.  She was super duper nice.

She's from St. Michael
And of course the boss and lead operator.  It was really good to kick back and visit with these two.  Dale and Lawrence both had nothing but good and encouraging things to say about me from this past summer.  We told fun stories to Dale's wife Nancy and to Margie about the summer and the silly things that ended up happening on the job site.  And there was free beer.  So basically it was fantastic.  Also, Dale looks crazy different without his beard!  I almost didn't recognize him, but I absolutely recognized his mannerisms when he was chatting with people.

Dale, me and Lawrence
James - the most steadfast guy on the project
Byron stopped by after working a 12 hour shift! Harmony stopped by too, but I didn't get a picture with her. Boo
Lawerance, me and Margie - hahaha... this was the blurry portion of the evening

Definitely worth the miles and $40 fee from Alaska Airlines. Seriously, it's only 10,000 miles to fly round trip from Unalakleet to Anchorage. Awesome. Pure awesome. So awesome, in fact, I'll probably go back to Anchorage for New year's.

No comments:

Post a Comment