Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Something new

I think most individuals would find me strange for cooking this meat. I thought it would made a tasty stir fry. I was not wrong.  But indeed it was a little strange, even if it was just in my head (the strangeness). First step brine. This takes some of the blood out of the meat and tenderizes it.

Slicing and dicing

The container for the brine.  I salted it a little on the bottom first.
The next day I continued on my cooking adventure.  I sauteed some garlic and shallots and then put the meat in the skillet.  I cooked it a good long time because I wanted the meat thoroughly cooked.  I cooked it in it's juices and then turned up the heat simmering them off to brown the meat.

Simmering and browning
Lastly I chopped up some broccoli, cabbage, and opened a can of baby corn.  I seasoned the meat up when I was browning it.  After the veggies I poured Yoshida's, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce over everything. I simmered it even longer, covering it with foil. Then when the veggies were cooked I thickened up my sauce with some corn starch.

Done!
Any guesses as to what the meat was?

3 comments: