Monday, December 10, 2012

My lynx

This first kitty cat isn't my lynx.  But all of the pictures that follow are.  This little gal was caught by a snare around her middle off the Unalakleet River.  Gregg skinned her while I skinned the lynx I caught.  I'm spoiled.  I got to use the hook hanging thing while he made do with rope.

Gregg's cat.  Not as big as my cat.

Hi ho kitty away!

Mom was laughing at me because I was holding the cat and taking lots of pictures.
I picked where to put the snare and set it up all by myself.  Clearly I have a good teacher because this bad boy walked himself into my snare!  Gregg called me last Wednesday all super excited.  He had decided to check the traps on the way to town and found this guy in my snare.  The only way it could have been more perfect is if I had been there with him checking traps.


Lookit how big he is.  He's gonna go on my wall and stay on my wall.  FOREVER.


I skinned him, toes and ears and all.  I accidentally cut a hole in one of his front legs on the under side.  His head was still a bit frozen when I was skinning him, so one of his ears is a little messed up too.  Nothing that will affect him looking amazingly awesome on my wall though.  I forgot what a pain in the ass it is to skin lynx, not auction skin but wall skin.  I clean skinned him so well the he didn't even need to get scraped.  Whoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment