Friday, December 28, 2012

Seal skin slippers part three

Liners are sewn exactly like the seal skin.  I usually just end up trimming a 1/4" to a 1/2" off of the pattern so they fit with out being too wrinkly inside of the seal skin.  I use fleece to line the slippers and mittens that I make.


Last and final step. Trim. Sew the seal skin, the fleece and the beaver trim all together and tack down. Warm soft fuzziness for your feet. The beaver was really nice and fluffy.  I love the way it poofs out. I fee like it really pulls the slipper together.


Gretchen's pair


Matt's pair
These slippers were my first skin sewing projects. It took me a really long time from start to finish because I tend to be very distracted when it comes to big projects. At least until I'm getting close to the finish line. Then I become obsessed. It'd be a lovely habit to break. But let's be honest, I'm probably not going to break it.

No comments:

Post a Comment