Thursday, December 13, 2012

Summer time on the river

Disclosure: None of the awesome pictures are of me because I'm so not brave enough to knee board.

I really miss summertime on the river.  I was texting one of my friends the other evening when it was blowing snow and the wind was absolutely howling around my little house and all I could think about was being on the river in the summer out in the sun.   We haven't really gotten enough snow yet this year to really get out and go trapping.  We're just going to start using our snow machines for the line.  And it's the middle of December!  It's a little frustrating.  More than a little.

Somewhere, I think on fb, I have a picture of me on the inner tube.  Frank took a picture of me in between my screams.  :)  This day was an absolute blast.  It was HOT for Unalakleet.  And Angela came out and played on the river with us crazy villagers.

Angela and me.  Holy crap I did have a lot of color in my face from the summer.

Don and Dylan.  Angela and I took our turns on the inner tube, without wetsuits!
These pictures are all of Frank.  Renee, Donald, and Frank all took a turn on the knee board though.  They were so awesome!  I had seen people knee board watching from the beach, but this was the first time that I'd been in the boat.  It's so much cooler!  Hahaha.. It's only taken me 29 years but I'm starting to come into my own.  Maybe someday I'll be one of the cool kids.




I need to get a wetsuit.  Maybe then I'll give this a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment