Monday, October 15, 2012

Summertime beaver chasin'

Bwahaha... I crack myself up.  I really did chase a beaver though.  And I caught the little guy.  The proof is in the pictures my friends.  Thank you to Sava for catching this on digital print and for being a gorgeous Russian that I got to stare at all summer.

Why hello little beaver.  I see you there.
On the drive up to site one day, I saw a brown little butt scuttling along the side of the road.  So naturally I stopped, got out and started saying hello to it.  The boys in front of me also stopped and Sava busted out his camera.  The poor little guy was quite surprised by us.  I took a few pictures with my phone and Sava was clicking away with his camera.  Then Sava said, "Go grab it.  I want to take a picture of you holding the beaver."  I laughed.  He said, "No, seriously."  So I laughed some more and said, "Okaaaay."  Then I started waddling after the beaver, trying not to step on it.  Eventually I got hold of it around it's middle, yes it was a wet beaver, and held it up for the mug shot.

I won't hurt you.
Said mug shot:

I just want to hug you.
I think I terrified the little guy.  He was all shaking and quaking, squirming and trying to get away.  After picture time I set him down and he started off running away from us again.  It was like we just didn't have a bonding moment or anything.  How rude.

And let you go.
I shall trap you one day.  Just you wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment