Monday, October 22, 2012

Avacation Part One

This week Momma and I decided to come into Anchorage to spend time with Lara and PK while they're waiting for little Miss AvaKate to come into the world.  She's not scheduled to arrive until November 2nd, so we're a little early, but it's what was planned.

Plane ride into Anchorage.  This is Momma.  Everyone say hi.
The flight was significantly delayed coming into Unalakleet. Our weather was down and PenAir didn't even leave Anchorage until about 3.  But this gave us plenty of time for a bacon filled breakfast and a few games of Catan with Kaitlyn.  A perfect way to spend a delayed flight day.

Snow covered mountains!
The delay put us into Anchorage pretty late.  We had a loooong stop over in Aniak, mostly due to the stupid FAA guy that was on board the flight with us.  Not to mention the plane was on the ground in Unalakleet for almost an hour.  Whine, whine, whine...  I know.  It's a plane right.  By the time it landed and we picked up the rental I was starving.  So I consider it legitimate whining.  I don't think we were hunting a restaurant down without a wait list until around 8 o'clock.

Gosh it was a beautiful sunset though.  The timing was perfect for that.

And we could see the moon.
On my last trip into Anchorage I saw a preview for The Perks of Being A Wallflower.  I had NO idea that it was being made into a movie.  Aaaand the gentlemen that wrote the book, Stephen Chbosky, also wrote the screenplay and directed the movie.  Talk about rare.  I went on Sunday night.  I adored it.  Adored.

Perks

No comments:

Post a Comment