Friday, November 2, 2012

Beaver Mitts (Part Four)

In this photo you can see the two types of stitching that I use.  You can also see the welting between the fur and the leather.  I really love skin sewing.  I think I like it even more than beading!  Who knew?


In this photo you can see me working my way up the sides of the thumb.  I always attempt to guess the length of the welting by using one piece.  Sometimes I'm right on other times I end up having to cut it, when you're guessing, don't underestimate.  Overestimating is the way to go.  That way you don't end up with little pieces of welting.


Mittens are awesome to sew because you sew with the fur side in.  Much easier than parka sewing which is best done fur side out (it's warmer).  I have yet to attempt a parka but I'm thinking a bigger skin sewing project might be fun.


This is what happens when you stay up too late drinking wine and skin sewing.  I have no other excuses.


No comments:

Post a Comment