Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Meetings

I had two days of meetings here in DC for the National Tribal Solid Waste Steering Committee that I was appointed/elected to.  The group was super nice and very welcoming to the new members.  I didn't  have a lot to say but I did speak up when I had something to say.  I was proud of myself for that.  Sometimes I get so flustered it's hard to articulate myself in a meaningful way, but I think I did okay.  One of the other committee members actually said that I was articulate.  So that was good.

On Tuesday I was struggling to stay awake around 11:00.  To be fair there was a guy there from the EPA offices who kept nodding off.  I feel like I had a valid excuse.  I landed here on Sunday, checked in and then went out for dinner.  I crawled into bed at 10:30ish and then promptly woke up at 1:00 am.  Awesome.  I was up until 4:30 or so before I fell back asleep.  Suck.  This set the precedent for me to sleep in till at least 10:30 on all of my days off here.  Better than noon, and I'm pretty sure my legs would fall off if I walked around for more than the 5 to 6 hours that I've been averaging.  So I don't feel too bad about sleeping in.  Slight emphasis on the too bad because I feel a little bad.  But hey, I'll be back next year for these meetings.  And I'll get to see more.  This was supposed to segue to the one picture that I took in those two days.  Without further ado:

An afternoon sugar high.
I bought 3 bags of candy for two days.  Truth be told I planned on consuming them all in the first afternoon but I showed some self restraint and with the aid of caffeine only ate about half of two of the bags.  I saved the other half for the second day.  And I shared.  You can ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment