Monday, November 19, 2012

Bunny Hunting

Last winter, when they days were getting longer and warmer and on days we weren't checking traps, bunny and ptarmigan hunting was my go to for getting out and enjoying myself.  Naturally I was always as decked out in pink as I possibly could get.  I can't wait for these days to start coming around this winter.  And I seriously can't wait to cook ptarmigan and bunnies in my crock pot.  I have some recipes to perfect.

Yes, I'm aware my sunglasses make me look like I have a unibrow.
I won my hat at a NAC barbecue. Um.Winner winner chicken dinner.
Oh Instagram.  You're my favorite.
Meet dinner.  There's something about getting the food that you cook and eat.  These bunnies have an all natural diet and while there's not tons of meat on them, the meat is incredibly lean.  I love knowing where my food comes from and that there are no additives or dyes or anything unnatural about it.  Plus, it makes me really proud that I can provide for myself.

See that face?  Proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment