Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pure class

One of my Thanksgiving tasks is the pie.  Considering my Momma does everything else, I get off lucky.  Yet another thing to be thankful for.  Bwah!  Okay, moving on.  This year is the first year that I was at my own place for Thanksgiving.  Kind of strange.  I was a very privileged kid in the fact that I went home almost every year for Thanksgiving and every year for Christmas.  Even when I was in Colorado.  So normally I was staying with my Mom while I was visiting home.  Last year I was living with her.  This year, I have my own little 16' x 20' house.  With no rolling pin.  It's a good thing I'm a wine-o.

There shall be pie.  No matter what.
This is really just going to be how I go about getting the crust ready for a pumpkin pie.  Visually of course.  Because who wants to read about it?  Not me.  And I certainly don't want to write about it.

Flat.

Fold.

Unfold.

Pat.

Crimp.

Cut.
I love making pie crusts.  More than I think I like eating pie.  I've never been a huge fan of dessert.  It's nice once and a while but given the choice I'd rather eat a fantastic steak or a hunk of bread.

1 comment: