Friday, November 16, 2012

National Zoo!

This was the first critter I saw when I got to the zoo.


A young man came up and started talking to me as soon as I stopped to look.  Eventually the conversation led to Yukon Men on Discovery.  Damn reality television.

Reality television needs to get prey upon by vultures.  As in be dead.


I don't remember what animal this was.  But I bet it's delicious.

This is a wolf.  It's description is a red fox on stilts.

What?!?!

A red fox on stilts.  You heard me.  I think it's incredibly accurate.

Sleepy little darling red panda.  A precursor to....

THE PANDA!!!

I sat and stared at this fellow for an inordinately long amount of time.  He was so cute.  Waddling around.  Sitting down and munching out.  Staring at the sky.

Seeing a panda was better than I imagined.

This was the male panda.  The female was inside looking very sad.  She'd recently lost her cub.  :(

This otter be good.  Bwah!  These guys were super cute and active.

This guy was not.

I walk the path of the elephant.

I was to sew with him.

I want to cuddle him.  He had such a cute nose.

The amazon building was crazy.  There were monkeys loose!  I'm happy they didn't fling poo at me.

I love fish.  They had a huuuuuge arapaima.  I didn't take a picture.  :(

Biiiiig cats.  The males were lazy.  The females were rough and tumbly and fun.

Here kitty kitty.

Chillin.  You know.  On the steps like a cool cat.

Just lion around.  Bwah!  Oh, I'm hilarious.

So pretty!  The didn't seem like unhappy animals.  And that made me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment