Friday, November 23, 2012

Beaver Mitts (Part Six)

Last and final post regarding beaver mittens.  Hahaha.  I stretched this out way too long.  I have since finished these mittens and another pair.  The first pair was donated to the sewing circle auction.  Mr. Nick Hanson is the proud new owner of that pair.  The second pair was supposed to be for the Christmas bazaar but I'm not going to be here for that.  Sigh.  They never take my travel into account when they plan that thing.  It's frustrating.

Sew, sew, sew all the way up each side.

I have to change my thread a lot.  I don't like have super long thread because it always gets tangled.

Fur is tricky.  It's never quite perfect looking.

I normally don't sew with a thimble.  After a few days though... your finger tips get pretty sore and tender.

Just a wee bit more to go!

Finished product.
I line the beaver mitts with fleece cut and sewn in the same manner as the mitten itself.  I add a little leather loop on the top side in case the owner wants to add a yarn neck piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment